Data Con LA 2019
August 17th 2019
Data Con LA
Call for speakers is now closed. Thank you for taking the time to submit.
It is a pleasure to invite you to Data Con LA. The conference will take place at the University of Southern California on August 17th.
Data Con LA, formerly known as Big Data Day LA, is the largest data conference of its kind in Southern California. Spearheaded by Subash D’Souza and organized and supported by a community of volunteers, sponsors and speakers,Data Con LA features the most vibrant gathering of data and technology enthusiasts in Los Angeles. DCLA started in 2013 with over 250 attendees, and has grown over the years with 550+ attendees in 2014, 950+ in 2015, 1250+ in 2016, 1550+ in 2017 and 1800+ in 2018. We expect over 2000 attendees this year.
Topics of interest
- Data Engineering- DataOps, Databases/RDBMS, Spark/Kafka/Pulsar, NoSQL and other technologies that support , databases, big data and data storage
- AI / ML / Data Science – Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Analytics, Data analysis methods and application
- Emerging Tech – Blockchain, IoT, Serverless, AR/ VR and other new and emerging technology
- Data Infrastructure & Security – DevSecOps, Security, Data Governance and Privacy
- BI/ Reporting/ Business Use Cases – BI/ Reporting, Data visualization, User experience / User interface developments with respect to data, and real world applications of all of the above
- Data4Good – Talks where data is being used for social impact causes such as Climate Change, Homelessness, Health, etc
Guide for authors
The deadline to submit abstracts is June 15th, 2019 11:30 PM PDT.
Please make sure to fill all required fields. Please make the abstracts readable – include a 200 word description and 4-5 bullet points to make the talk compelling to shortlist.
By accepting this invitation, the speaker agrees to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event. Data Con LA terms are:
- Data Con LA does not reimburse neither does provide any financial benefits of any kind to our speakers.
- Copyright of original presentation material remains with the speaker.
- Data Con LA (and/or related entities) is granted the right to record, reproduce, and distribute each presentation in all forms of printed and electronic conference materials, including, but not limited to, the non-attendee conference proceedings, printed attendee notes, conference-related web sites, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog), without royalties or fees payable to speaker.
- Data Con LA is also granted the right to report on the presentation for the purpose of producing article(s), trip report(s), or similar derivative products without royalties or fees payable to the speaker and without securing additional permission.
- Data Con LA requires all slides to be made available one week prior to the event.
- Data Con LA reserves the right to remove or replace any speaker and/or session at any time.
Deadline for submission: June 15th, 2019 11:30 PM PDT.
Notification of acceptance: July 1st, 2019
For any inquiries regarding the program, please contact: Subash D’Souza subash[at]dataconlacom
We look forward to seeing you at Data Con LA 2019